A CRITICAL CALL FOR SUPPORT
Kheti Virasat Mission
A Movement, Born out of Compassion. With Concern about agro-ecological & environmental health crisis and Committed to take on the challenge of Ecological Reconstruction of Punjab
Support, donate and contribute to a movement for Ecological rejuvenation of Punjab
Donations made to Kheti Virasat Mission are exempted from Income Tax under 80-G wide number CIT/BTI/ITO(T)51-80G/2013-24/64
For the last six years, farmers, different community groups and individuals associated with the Kheti Virasat Mission (KVM) have been engaging with and furthering the cause of natural farming in the northern state of Punjab in India. Punjab is one of the most crop intensive states of India as 196% with largest of area under agriculture- 83%. As the largest recipient of Green Revolution in the country, the state of Punjab is today witnessing its biggest food, farm, health and ecological crisis than ever before. This is ironic for a state known as the land of five rivers, and one where life was synonymous with prosperity and abundance.
Even though Punjab holds only 2.5% area of agricultural land in the country it is the consumer of 18% pesticides otherwise used in the country. This makes Punjab most vulnerable region for environmental toxicity caused health crisis. The people of the state are facing multiple environmental toxicity of pesticides and other agro-chemicals, heavy metals and environmental pollution caused by ecologically unsustainable agricultural practices. The water sources are either polluted or destroyed or dried-up. Only a small section in the state is able to get drinking water which is called Safe potable water which had led to the formation of new hierarchies around access to water: as water, drinking water and safe drinking water.
KVM feels that there is urgent need to both pro actively work towards restoring faith in Punjab's traditional farming system through a reconnect with nature and natural systems. At the same time there is a crucial requirement to work actively towards a consistent engagement with a policy discourse where Punjab's model and its impacts needs to be exposed and learnt from. Central to KVM's work is also to bring back women in the decision making sphere, a heritage that current day Punjab has lost out on.
In order to work towards its goal, KVM has adopted a approach to her activities known as FOUR 'R''s
(a) Restore a network of farmers, scientists, consumers, media on Reclaiming Punjab's agriculture from the hands of hybridization and modern agriculture biotechnology
(b) Revive most creative and spiritual practices like Nanak Kheti, Guru Nanak's teachings and showcase that it can work in today's fast growing times too
(c) Recreate an ownership and connection with traditional foods (Bebe Di Rasoi)-what we demand to eat, will grow on our fields.
d) Resurrect a non-commodified, biodiversity agenda which is long forgotten in Punjab's farming policy and political frame.
KVM is a large network of people from all walks of life who have come together to work for a better Punjab. The organization relies substantially on support and donations from all concerned about Punjab, its land, river, air and people.
We therefore request you to contribute by:
1. Monthly, Quarterly or Annual Donations: Become donor and send in your contributions at the frequency that would suit you: You can send a regular monetary support on monthly basis.
2. Adopt a village: You can adopt a village or cluster of three villages and help us in spreading message of Sustainable organic farming. It can help farmers with learning and practicing sustainable/organic farming.
3. Sponsor an Organic farmer: KVM need support to utilize expertise of master organic farmers as resource persons to educate farmers all over the state. It will also help those farmers who are doing different experiments of natural farming in their fields without any personal interests.
4. Sponsor any campaign or activity: You can sponsor any of KVM's campaigns on the following themes:
Awareness and Action Against Genetic Modification of agriculture
Awareness and Action Against pesticides use in Agriculture;
Water Literacy & Conservation Campaign
Women action for Ecology, Agriculture and Food
Establishing Model Ecological Agricultural farms in Punjab;
Fight Action against Cancer and reproductive health crisis
Awareness and Action against crop residue burning.
Awareness and community efforts for preservation of seeds and biodiversity.
5. Sponsor and Support Festivals, Meetings, Public Dialogues: You can also support us by sponsoring festivals like Bebe-Di-Rasoi and Nav-Trinjan or issue specific Seminar and public dialogues
6. Sponsor KVM's monthly magazine and publications: You can also support us by sponsoring our monthly magazine “Kudrati Kheti”. This is a monthly newsletter is published by KVM. This is a strong information, education and communication medium. Your support is welcome both in terms of finances or your time to help design, build content, edit and disseminate this newsletter, including through the internet. You can also support communication and general awareness material published by KVM from time to time.
7. You can also sponsor the work of any of the volunteers who are working with KVM. Your donation can provide a regular financial support to these volunteers.
For the KVM movement, support of this kind is extremely valuable as this is what gives it a the true character of the movement. We know that you will come forward not just with your financial support but with your dedication, concern and energy which is crucial to the spirit of KVM.
For us any small or big amount will be welcome. So anything from Rs.500-1000 to any other upper limit which you may desire. For further details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org . or call at 01635-231415
Come forward to donate for a noble cause
Bank Account Details
Name of the Bank- AXIS Bank
on the name of - Kheti Virasat Mission
Account no.- 912010021510084
Branch- Faridkot (PB)
Branch Code- 151211102
Or you can send your Cheque/Demand Draft payable to ‘Kheti Virasat Mission' and send it to:
Kheti Virasat Mission,
Street No.- 4,
R V Shanti Nagar,
On our part we assure you that we will regularly keep you updated on KVM's overall activities and in particular whatever you wish to support.